Whether it is a question of developing one’s wine estate or restoring buildings damaged by time and use, it is very often necessary for the property owner to carry out construction, renovation, or extension projects of the wine estate.
Calling on a specialized winery architect is the assurance of benefiting from the expertise of a specialist to create spaces that function elegantly and efficiently. Through hands-on experience working at local wineries, we have developed a broad understanding of the fermentation and aging process and a strong familiarity with the equipment required to ensure efficiency and the highest quality product.
We believe the best design integrates function, technology, the natural environment, and human interaction for thoughtful, well-crafted design solutions.
WI&NE offers investors the services of efficient and competent winery architects with a passion for design at the intersection of landscape and architecture. WI&NE architects can intervene in the following assignments:
Diagnosis of the Existing
- Architectural surveys/inventory of fixtures/urban planning constraints/technical and architectural diagnostics;
- Evaluation of the existing buildings’ state and the restoration cost.
Preliminary Studies, Pre-Design & Programming
- Programming: Definition of the architectural program for the buildings (needs, requirements, technical characteristics, surface areas, volumetrics, etc.);
- Feasibility Study: Outline the possible developments and extensions for the thoughtful and efficient functioning of buildings according to vineyard size, rural and town planning rules and regulations, etc.
- Pre-Design and Cost Analysis: Sketch of overall solutions and their components integrating financial evaluation of the architectural project.
Design and Construction Project Management
- Schematic design, design development and project budgeting;
- Building permit applications, construction documents, and contractors shortlist files;
- Bidding and negotiating with contractors, construction contract administration, and management and final acceptance of works.